business for transformation
(BAM to B4T explained)
Working Cross-culturally in Business for the purpose of seeing
Kingdom communities established Among least-reached peoples
Hosted and Led by:
Barbara Shantz, OpenUSA
Devin Dickel, OpenUSA
Charles Barnabas, TEAM/Innov-Asia
Tim Dunn, Transformational SME
When: Wednesday, Sept. 25 starting at 5:30pm dinner in the dining hall and opening session through Thursday, Sept. 26: 9am – 3:30pm
Where: Ridgecrest Room TBD
How much? Free
Description: B4T refers to businesses located among unreached people groups with the express goals of being profitable, scalable and bringing holistic, Christ-like transformation to communities. This is a double bottom line approach—profit and transformation—that integrates all aspects of business. It is ALL ABOUT the Gospel AND legitimate, profitable business.
Sessions will include topics like:
1. Business for Transformation Overview
2. Where and what are the business opportunities among the Least Reached Peoples?
3. How can my church send a Business for Transformation missionary into the mission field?
4. Business models: what’s working and what isn’t
5. Inspiring examples of missional business in the world today
Register by: Emailing Barbara Shantz.
Wednesday Night Dinner at Ridgecrest: Our group will eat together on Wednesday night in the dining hall from 5:30-6:30 so plan to add that meal to your Ridgecrest reservation when you make your housing and meal plans.
Note: Be sure to add the extra night’s housing and additional meals to your Ridgecrest reservation.