discerning a long-term missionary call
When: Thursday, Sept. 26: 7:45am – 6:30pm
Where: Mountain Laurel Lower Lobby for Pre-Conference Registration (Thursday at 7:45 am), Meeting is in Johnson Spring Room 3 at Ridgecrest Conference Center.
How much? Free. A complimentary children’s program will also be provided.
Description: “Discerning a Long-term Missionary Call: Getting There from Here” Pre-Conference will be led by a team of staff and missionaries from the Society of Anglican Missionaries and Senders as well as global Anglican leaders. Guests will be paired at meals with a Missionary Mentor-for-the-Day who will help address your questions and concerns.
Throughout the day you will explore:
· Considering the Costs and the Joys of a Missionary Call
· Discerning the Missionary Call: What are the Steps? What is my Next Step?
· Discovering Possibilities of Serving Christ Around the World
· Experiencing a Missionary Sending Community
You may expect to walk away with:
· A vision for being part of God’s plan to share the love of Jesus globally
· A deeper understanding of the missionary call
· Potential ministry opportunities that fit your gifts, experiences, and passions
· Practical actions that you and your church may take to get there from here
Special Event Included in Day: Guests will join in the SAMS Reception in the Azalea Room (Johnson Spring Building) to converse with global church leaders and missionaries followed by the SAMS Dinner.
For updates and to register go to: www.sams-usa.org/discerning-a-call/
Ask questions by: Emailing Nita Dempsey.
Note: Since this pre-conference starts Thursday morning, it may be necessary to add an extra night’s housing and additional meals to your Ridgecrest reservation. At the least, you will want to plan on adding Thursday breakfast and lunch.